Filter by tags:
29 April 2022
London’s iconic West End presents untapped opportunities for Asian investors and brands in the retail sector to thrive and grow
- Figures indicate that London is the most attractive city for international retail trade companies to expand to
- Brands from the US and Europe are leading the way for expansion into the UK’s capital city, with data demonstrating significant untapped potential for the Asia region in London
- Turnover in the West End is expected to reach £11.4 billion in 2025, surpassing pre-pandemic levels, indicating strong returns for Asian retailers looking to scale overseas
11 March 2022
Last night’s event at London’s Guildhall honoured tourism pros and businesses who are flourishing through London’s tourism recovery
09 March 2022
- 2021 was a record year for investment into London digital shopping companies – with UK capital ranking fourth globally
- UK consumers show biggest appetite for online shopping – according to separate research from Klarna
- Global venture capital investment into digital shopping doubles following pandemic
07 February 2022
February half term is almost upon us, which means only one thing… it’s time for parents to start planning fun activities to keep the kids entertained! But have no fear - Visit London has compiled a list of the top things to do in the capital this half term, so you don’t have to.
07 February 2022
Romance is in the air and if you want to make your loved one feel super special this Valentine’s Day, then look no further! Visit London has pulled together a list of the most romantic places in the capital to celebrate the day of love.
24 January 2022
After the Christmas and new year madness, finances can be a little tight, and social calendars a little dry. But if you’re fed up with waiting for pay day and have watched almost everything on Netflix, Visit London has got you covered with a list of the top things to do in the capital on a budget.
14 January 2022
Blue Monday is upon us, set to be the most depressing day of the year! So why not beat those blues and treat yourself to some good food and good vibes – always on the menu in London’s iconic food scene.
13 January 2022
- London tech firms raise $25.5bn in 2021 - over double 2020 investment levels
- London’s tech ecosystem shows signs of maturity with rapid increase in unicorns, megarounds and exits
- UK tech sector propels European growth with British firms raising record $39.8bn
- 2021 is unprecedented year for VC investment globally with $675bn raised
19 November 2021
- Coronavirus pandemic accelerates healthcare innovation as global VC healthtech investment increases 280% between 2016 and 2021
- So far this year, US healthtech firms raise $31.9bn while UK takes third spot globally with $3.8bn
- Europe is fastest growing region for healthtech investment since 2016 with London leading the way
- London and the Bay Area amongst largest clusters of healthtech firms globally
- UK Golden Triangle of London, Oxford and Cambridge driving UK healthtech growth
17 November 2021
Image credit GDIF 2021 / Helen Boast
- Mayor of London launches new Winter Lights season to celebrate the most magical time of the year, with a host of outdoor festive events and activities for visitors to enjoy
- Experience the magic of the Northern Lights in London for free with ‘Borealis’ lights display, by renowned artist Dan Acher
- See thousands of illuminated white roses displayed in Grosvenor Square for the ‘Ever After Garden’ by fashion designer Anya Hindmarch
- Other attractions include unique illuminations along the Southbank, DAWAAT poetry and dance performances, Canary Wharf Winter Lights Spectacular, and more
10 November 2021
Award-winning destination has added a range of new and sustainable offerings, including 18 new hotels in 2021 alone
27 October 2021
Autumn has officially arrived! Jumper weather, vibrant tree colours and the slight chill in the air signifies the start of the cosiest season.
There are so many exciting events on the horizon and Visit London has curated a list of the best activities to do in London this autumn – whether you’re a foodie, fashionista, or simply looking for exciting things to do with the family.